Make-up can make or break your look. Even more, when you’re a bride. You may have have acquired your favourite designer lehenga and engraved the sole of your heels with your wedding date. But your look will fall apart if your make-up doesn’t complement it. Moreover, you don’t want to be cringing at your wedding pictures five years down the line!
Which is why choosing the right make-up artist—one who understands and accommodates your vision—is of utmost importance. We roped in our favourite make-up artist, Ambreen, to break it down for us.
A+CO: Which are the top five beauty brands for the South Asian skin tones?
Ambreen: I swear by M.A.C Cosmetics, Estée Lauder, Tom Ford, Charlotte Tilbury and Inglot. These work really well for South Asian skin.
What are the key questions one must ask a make up artist before booking them?
- Ask to see the style of their work. Alternatively view their website or online social media images to first decide if their style is to your taste or not.
- Go through their real bride images. It’s all well and good having worked on stunning editorials and magazine work. However, real people and real events go a long way when deciding on your make-up artist for your big day.
- Ask them how long it will take to get you ready on the day to ensure you have ample amount of time to create the look you are going for.
- Enquire about the brands they use to ensure you are happy with their selection of products.
- If you have any severe skin allergies or conditions, ensure the products they use are to your requirements.
- If you have a bridal party, ask if the artist can bring a separate team for them on the day as you want to be your artist’s main focus.
- Trust your artist’s professional judgement and creativity. Ask them what they think will suit you and complement your outfit and jewellery.
5 must-have products one should always have in their beauty kit?
Stock up on In Extreme 3D Mascara by M.A.C Cosmetics, Pro Longwear Concealer by M.A.C Cosmetics, Studio Fix Fluid by M.A.C Cosmetics, Inglot’s Black Gel Liner and Prep & Prime Moisture Radiance Serum by M.A.C Cosmetics.
Ambreen breaks two beauty looks for us here.