After months of prep and planning, D-Day finally arrived on a rainy London morning! With a queue that practically took over the length of the sidewalk, a mega retail extravaganza awaited our shoppers.
A breath-taking enchanted forest by Zita Elze greeted the Aashni + Co Wedding Show 2017 guests, setting the tone for the decadent experience to follow. Our 20+ participants (fashion, accessories, jewellery, hair and make-up, wedding decor, and catering) all got a taste of UK brides, and them a first hand look at the best of Indian couture. We bring you a quick recap!
- The Sabyasachi Mukherjee booth, which displayed the designer’s ‘Firdaus’ collection and his Sabyasachi X Christian Louboutin collaboration 2016 was teeming with fashion lovers, vying for a look at the ensembles and a selfie with the designer.
- Designers like Monisha Jaising, Tarun Tahiliani, ASAL by Abu Sandeep and Jade by Monica & Karishma made their debut this year, and brides and their entourage couldn’t get enough.Jaising’s red carpet worthy gowns found many takers while Tahiliani’s bridal lehengas were a hit.
- Gaurav Gupta‘s collection was all about avant garde edge and Anamika Khanna was well favoured for her construction, drapes, and minimalistic creations.
- Ansuhree Reddy, a constant from the first year continued to draw in the feminine crowd while Akanksha Gajria was favoured for her catchy use of colours.
- The crowd couldn’t get enough of our only Pakistani brand on the roster, Élan, and lapped up their intricate creations — a mix of bridal wear and easy chic pieces.
- Ridhi Mehra, Ridhima Bhasin, SVA and Sonali Gupta were a hit with those looking for pieces with high impact but easy wearability while Rose Room Couture pulled in the edgy dressers.
- Rimple & Harpreet Narula had a lot of old-world charm on offer while Gaurang provided that much-needed dose of heritage and textile art.
- Those looking for the perfect outfits for their mini-mes found it at Mal, Amrapali Jewels added some bejewelled sparkle while Amishi’s booth was all about the most stylish jewellery, clutches and furs. The oh-so pink Rani Pink booth was all about wedding decor that is fun and whimsical.
- Ambreen and Aamir Naveed were busy dolling up the models who were seen strutting around in the most stunning creations by the designers on board.
We can’t wait to be back next year with a show that is bigger and better! A big thank you to all our participants, shoppers, supports, sponsors, partners, and crew who made the show such a massive success. See you next January X
Photography: Muse Motion Pictures
Thumbnail image: Ben Weller Studio