“As we are all in lockdown and facing perhaps the most trying time of our lives so far, I am sure most of us have paused, looked out of the window and gazed into the clear blue skies marvelling at how our slowdown is helping nature to heal. And it couldn’t come at a better time as we get set to celebrate Earth Month all of April.
As a responsible employer, I wouldn’t be doing a good job if I didn’t urge my team, partners and patrons to work towards a greener tomorrow.
During Earth Month, A+ Co would like to raise awareness and educate the community on the human impact on the environment. The goal of Earth Month is to create a culture of environmental stewardship. We would like to introduce ‘Go Green Pledges’ from our employees which are simple, interactive and offer the chance to make a positive change,” says our founder and creative director, Aashni Shah.We share with you the pledges by our team and send some suggestions your way to join our ‘Go Green’ club!
There is so much we can do, and even a little goes a long way. Here are some pledges that will only require a small tweak in your daily routine, but make a massive difference to the environment.
- Replacing at least one cleaning product with a homemade one.
- Using green transportation once a week.
- Not buying any new items of clothing and upcycling older items from your wardrobe.
- Using rags instead of paper towels.
- Growing your own vegetables in your kitchen and vegetable garden at home. Or buying only local and seasonal produce, which is better for the environment.
- Stopping the use of bottled water.
This is just a starter pack, get creative with your additions. We at A+CO hope you can participate and help make a difference to the world in your own way!